Proposals Sought for Community Grants
County of Maui News Release
The County of Maui Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program is seeking funding proposals for a second round of proposals for a total of $1.7 million for Fund Year 2015 (July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016).
The deadline to submit proposals is 3 p.m. on Friday, May 8. Proposals may be submitted “ATTN. 2015 CDBG Application” and delivered to the CDBG Program Office at 251 Napua Street in Wailuku, or mailed (must be received by the deadline) to Office of the Mayor, CDBG Program Office, 200 S. High Street, Wailuku, HI 96793.
Earlier this year the CDBG program office submitted six proposed projects to the County Council, which rejected the following proposals:
- Ka Hale A Ke Ola, $653,869 for rehabilitation and improvements to its homeless shelter;
- County of Maui, $650,000 for a Maui Fire Dept. pumper truck for Pukoo, Molokai;
- Lanai Community Health Center, $54,170 for infrastructure;
- County of Maui, $24,000 for a Maui Police Dept. emergency response UTV for Hana, Maui;
- Planning costs of $25,000, mandatory program for consolidated plan; and
- 2015 CDBG Program Administrative costs of $304,553.
Thus, a second round of proposals is being sought for review. Projects that were submitted in the initial round are not eligible for consideration in the second round.
Project proposals must comply with CDBG criteria, eligibility requirements, program objectives and be consistent with the County’s goals and priority needs as identified in the 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan, including housing, homelessness and community development needs.