Ohana Night Showcases `Opio Talents
Students learn how to apply classroom knowledge.
Senior Raina Puaoi sold mugs, chopping boards, and T-shirts featuring her artwork at Thursday’s Ohana Night event.
Raina Puaoi sold mugs, chopping boards and T-shirts with her artwork on them. A portion of the profits go directly to the students, with the rest returning to the art program.
The evening also featured a 7th-12th grade science fair. The winning projects selected by community judges will represent Molokai on Maui at the county science fair, Feb. 7, 8.
The science department of both schools would like to thank all of the judges for their time in helping select the groups. Good luck to the students on Maui!
Science Fair winners
Molokai Middle School
-Ioane Teves (grade 7): Ant Attractants
-Chalice Hooper-Carvalho (grade 7): Watching Green Onions Grow Using Salt Water,
Tap Water, and Sugar Water
– Isreal “Paka” Adolpho (grade 7): Nucleation Goes Nuclear
– Ka’i “Hokualaka’i” Blevins (grade 7): Decomposing Leaf Water vs. Tap Water
– Uilani Schnackenberg (grade 8): Affects of Carbon Dioxide
– Jenny Ragasa (grade 8), Carrie DeCoite (grade 8), Patrisha Alvarez (grade 8): Sector
Moloka’i High School
– Ayla Bicoy (grade 12): Redesigning Moloka’i’s Lifeline
– Kaprice Ingram (grade 10), Lacey Santiago (grade 11): Most Common Fingerprint
– Ryan Johnston (grade 11), Eric Gilliland (grade 9): Electromagnetic Fields and Their
Effects on Laser Light
– Colton Manley (grade 11), Daniel Espaniola (grade 11): Salt Drank My Apple
– Rebecca Carpenter (grade 10), Sarah Klemp (grade 10): Boys vs. Girls Color Memory
– Crystalene Antonio (grade 9), Denichel Ruiz (grade 9): Keeping Coffee Hot Using
– Mahealani Reyes (grade 10), Chelsea Sakamoto (grade 9): Make it Last Forever
– Mariah Rapanot-McGuire (grade 11), Tirzah Pactol (grade 11), Sabryna Corpuz
(grade 11): Cheeze in Cakes
– Wailani Hernandez (grade 10), Nailikea Ahuna Kaai (grade 10): Best Aquatic Design
for a Boat
– Kalei Adolpho (grade 9): Don’t Spoil Your Dinner
– Austin Shook (grade 9): Soil Comparison