My Sustainable Molokai Youth Contest
Aloha, welcome to the My Sustainable Molokai Youth Contest. Use this resource page to download contest forms and to research sustainability concepts and technologies. Then express your own creative vision for a sustainable Molokai through art, poetry and/or essay.
What is the My Sustainable Molokai Youth Contest?
• A contest for Molokai Youth ages 12-18.
• Three categories: Poetry, Visual Art, & Essay.
• Students express their personal creative vision of a Sustainable Molokai.
Purpose of the Contest:
• To actively engage our youth in sustainability visioning for our island.
• To foster youth participation in community dialogue and issues.
• To allow the creativity of Molokai’s youth to contribute to island wide-planning processes.
• To help create awareness for the upcoming sustainability conference on Molokai.
Download and read these documents first:
Now use the resource links below to research sustainability concepts and technologies.
View these first:
Future of a Hawaiian Island Document
Additional research links…
Garbage to Gold
Alternative Energy & Biofuels
Integrated Sustainable Systems & Economic Models