Molokai Students Need Help
Our first Maui fundraising event is in just a few days, February 13. We need to get a final head count in shortly and want to make sure everyone gets their tickets. We hope you’ll attend and/or encourage your friends to attend. Help support Molokai families by supporting educational choice. We serve an economically and academically diverse population on an island where there is just one public middle school.
Tickets are $60 to benefit Aka`ula School Financial Aid Program. Dinner, entertainment, an auction and prizes are included at the Maui Tropical Plantation.
• Aka`ula serves 60 students in grades 5-8
• Approximately 70% of students are Native Hawaiian
• Approximately 15% have special needs
• Over half would qualify for free or reduced lunch if they attended public school
• Aka`ula students are more likely to make honor roll at Molokai High School than non-Aka`ula students
• On average, 20% of Aka`ula students are accepted at Kamehameha Schools or another private school for their high school years
In addition to individual tickets, a few VIP tables for eight are available. Please contact Vicki at this email address for additional information. Hope to see you on the 13th!
Mahalo, Vicki Newberry