Molokai Residents Sought as Applicants

County of Maui News Release

Molokai residents are being sought as applicants to serve on Maui County boards and commissions. There’s a current opening for a Molokai representative on the Liquor Control Commission.

Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis for vacant positions on boards, commissions and committees due to term expirations, vacancies and resignations.

Responsibilities include hearing public testimony, reviewing policies and standards and making recommendations. Positions are appointed by the Mayor, confirmed by the Maui County Council and have terms lasting two to five years. While no monetary compensation is provided for serving on a board or commission, the public’s participation helps provide an important government service. Volunteers are reimbursed for allowable travel expenses.

Anyone interested in serving on a board or commission may apply online at mauicounty.gov/Boards. Paper applications are available at Council Services office on Molokai and at all Parks and Recreation Permit offices. Paper applications should be mailed to: Mayor Michael Victorino, County of Maui, 200 S. High St., Ninth Floor, Wailuku, HI 96793, or faxed to (808) 270-7870.

For more information, call 270-8211.


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.