Molokai Community Health Center COVID-19 Response
MCHC News Release
Molokai Community Health Center is announcing several updates to the operations of their facility in response to the COVID-19 outbreak including Medical, Dental, Behavioral Health, WIC and Ka Hana Pono programs and services, effective immediately.
- 1 visitor per patient is welcome
- Children under 12 years old are not allowed unless receiving care as a patient
TESTING LOCATION / ACT CLINIC:
Hours of operation for the Acute Care Treatment (ACT) Clinic: Monday thru Friday – 8:00 am to 11:00 am and 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- MCHC is an active COVID-19 testing site.
- Testing is administered via our onsite Acute Care Treatment (ACT) Clinic.
- Hours are subject to change
**Only people with flu-like symptoms should visit these locations. Those who are healthy and not feeling ill should not come to these facilities for COVID-19 testing. A physician’s order is also needed to get tested.
- Preventive well visits and medication management visits are welcome, as our ACT clinic provides isolation to suspected COVID-19 cases and/or other flu-like cases and are housed in a separate part of campus to ensure expanded patient and staff safety.
- Emergency dental procedures only until April 13, 2020
WOMEN, INFANTS & CHILDREN (WIC)
Temporary Hours of Operation for WIC: Wednesday’s – 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
If Caregiver and/or child(ren) are ill, or caregiver has fears regarding COVID-19, and have WIC appointments, please see below:
- For Check Pick Up: 1 month worth of checks can be issued and mailed directly to clients.
- For Re-Certifications: If certification period has not ended, 1 month worth of checks can be
mailed directly to clients, with next WIC Appointment Notice.
- For New Certifications: Appointments will be rescheduled.
- Hours are subject to change
**To initiate remote assistance or for more information, call WIC directly at (808) 660-2614.
KA HANA PONO
- Ka Hana Pono Programs and Services have been postponed until further notice. This includes ‘Ai Pono Talk Story Food Demos, ‘Aina RX, Cultural Workshops, Planter Box Curriculum, and the Lomi Lomi and Acupuncture series.
- Community Wellness Programs – Yoga, Tai Chi, and Tahitian Hula have been suspended for 30 days
PUBLIC FACILITY RENTALS
- Facility rental space is suspended for 30 days
- MCHC’s highest priority is the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, and our staff and their families. We aim to keep you informed during this period of COVID-19 concern and as an agency promote the prevention of COVID-19 through implemented social distancing practices, including work from home for our non-clinical staff members, business related travel suspensions, remote business meetings, and increased environmental infection control practices across campus, the use of personal protective equipment, and daily clinical staff screenings.
MCHC has set up a webpage providing updates about our program and services and other important information for you to follow as we quickly adapt to the needs of added safety in our community at this time. The website address is: http://molokaichc.org/coronavirus-covid-19- updates/
Don't have a Molokai Dispatch ID?
Sign up is easy. Sign up now
You must login to post a comment.