House Fire in Ranch Camp

By Jack Kiyonaga, Community Reporter 

A family of four has been displaced after their home caught on fire on Jan. 17. By 5:33 p.m., four fire engines had been dispatched to the scene of the house fire on Kikipua St. 

The Maui County Fire Department reported that the residential fire in Ranch Camp was knocked down by 5:45 p.m. and extinguished by 6:55 p.m. but not before much of the house was destroyed by flames. No one was home or injured at the single-family residence, according to the Fire Dept. 

Ruled an accident, likely caused by an electrical malfunction, an estimated $125,000 in damage occurred as a result of the fire, said fire officials.

Soon after the incident, local Molokai families and friends gathered donations for the affected family on social media. Likewise, the Red Cross has been assisting the displaced residents, according to the Fire Dept.


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.