First phase of DMV Reopening
County of Maui News Release
The first phase of reopening of its Division of Motor Vehicle and Licensing offices for limited walk-in services beginning Monday, May 18. All DMVL locations will be open for limited services from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
“This is a step forward in offering in-person customer services to residents,” Mayor Michael Victorino said. “However, operations will be modified to ensure the safety of both customers and employees.”
Social distancing rules must be followed, including wearing face coverings.
From Monday, May 18, to Friday, May 22, DMVL will be open for the following renewals:
• Driver license and permit renewals – ONLY if it expired prior to March 16, 2020.
• State ID renewals – ONLY if it expired prior to March 16, 2020.
• Initial driver’s licenses, permits and state identifications.
• Disabled parking placard – initial issuance or replacement.
• Replacement of lost driver’s license, permit or state identification.
• Motor vehicle transactions of ownership transfers, initial registration, duplicate titles and registrations, and replacement license plates and emblems.
DMVL walk-in customers must adhere to the following:
• Customers must wait in designated areas outside of the office.
• Customers will only be allowed to enter office when 2nd in line.
• Customers are limited to a single transaction.
• Tickets will not be issued if estimated wait time is longer than office hours.
For more information, call the Division of Motor Vehicle and Licensing at (808) 270-7363.