, , ,

Farm Bill Programs Available

USDA Farm Service Agency News Release

The Natural Resources Conservation Service, a division of the United States Department of Agriculture, is offering technical and financial assistance to farmers and ranchers to develop, install and implement authorized conservation practices. To receive assistance, the farmer or rancher must be in control of the land where practices will be applied, have an agricultural income of at least $1,000 per year and be willing to implement conservation practices of the duration of the contract and maintain such practices.

The following programs assist operators in implementing conservation practices:
•    EQIP (Environmental Quality Incentives Program)
•    WHIP (Wildlife Habitat Incentive Program)
•    AMA (Agricultural Management Assistance)
•    WRP (Wetlands Reserve Program)
•    GRP (Grassland Reserve Program)
•    CREP (Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program)

For a full description of program eligibility, visit pia.nrcs.usda.gov/programs, or contact the Ho`olehua Field Office at 4101 Maunaloa Hwy or 567-6868 ext. 105.


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.