Philosophy & Values
News for the People of Molokai
We stress the importance of small-town independent media and work to promote “hyper-local news” that appeals to the immediate Molokai community.
The Molokai Dispatch serves as the voice of the island by gathering and disseminating information, inspiring new ideas, and encouraging dialogue which will result in empowerment and action of community and the accountability of our leaders thus perpetuating Molokai’s unique cultural legacy.
Guidelines & Values
We’ve worked hard to provide a solid foundation for all Molokai Dispatch contributors. Interested to know more about the principles that guide us? Presented here is a list of values that each of us does our best to abide by:
1) Loyalty – Be committed to the vision & mission of the Molokai Dispatch.
2) Humility & Honesty – Be receptive in your communications and truthful with your intentions.
3) Integrity – Do what you say; follow through. Be responsible for your actions.
4) Excellence & Enthusiasm – Have pride in your work and strive to exceed expectations. Be positive and take initiative.
5) Creativity – Think independently and “out of the box” when problem solving.
6) Investigative – Do your homework; seek history & truth.
7) Efficiency – Work smart and hard.
8) Minimize Harm – Show compassion and realize the power of mass communication.